K.K.Meguro Gajoen (“Gajoen” or “We”) and our parent company Watabe Wedding Corporation and Watabe Wedding Group；comprised of Watabe’s domestic and international subsidiaries and branch offices (“Watabe Group”) recognize the importance of protecting your personal information and strive for the proper handling and protection of it in accordance with the following basic principles. Please refer to our website for the latest information on Watabe Group.
- Watabe Group will ensure that our employees thoroughly acknowledge and improve the proper handling of your personal information by establishing necessary basic principles and in-house rules and concluding contracts.
- Watabe Group will establish and enforce necessary and reasonable safety measures in order to prevent leakage, loss or tampering of your personal information.
- Watabe Group will acquire your personal information through a legitimate and fair means. We also will obtain your prior consent to the purpose of use, or notify or publically announce the purpose of use before we acquire your personal information.
- Watabe Group will sincerely respond to your request to disclose, correct or discontinue use of your personal information.
Handling of Personal Information
Name of Business Operator Handling Personal Information
Acquisition of Personal Information
We will acquire your personal information to the extent necessary for providing our products and services (including development of new products and after-sales services).We will acquire personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding protection of personal information. Upon acquisition of personal information, we will each time expressly indicate the purpose of use when we acquire such personal information directly from written document (including electronic document such as websites on the internet).
Purpose of Use
1. Our Customers
(1)We will use your personal information in order to perform our contractual obligations and provide following principle services and other related services (including development of new products and after-sales services) for you.
a. wedding services in resorts
b. production and sale of wedding dresses, tuxedos and photo-albums
c. photography and beauty care services
d. rental services of wedding-related attire
e. travel services in our domestic stores
f. sale of wedding-related products
g. wedding-related educational services
h. accommodation services, food and beverage services, and domestic wedding services
i. mail order-related business
(2)We will use your personal information for after-sale services associated with our principle services above, announcement of new products and other related information, marketing and development of improved products, and analysis of the market trends.
2. We may store records of your telephone calls and other forms of communication for the purpose of storing and verifying the communication and improving service quality.
Records of Telephone Calls
We may store records of your telephone calls and other forms of communication for the purpose of storing and verifying the communication and improving service quality.
Joint Use of Personal Information
In order to achieve the «Purposes of Use of Personal Information» above, we will jointly use customers’ personal information within the following scope.
- Items of personal data used jointly
such as name, address, telephone number, E-mail address, date of birth, occupation, date and place of ceremony and/or party venue, etc.
- Scope of jointly using entities
Our Group and domestic companies of the Kowa Group
- Purpose of use by persons with whom personal information is shared Same as 1.(1) in «Purposes of Use » above
- Name of Party Responsible for Management of Personal Data
Disclosure of Personal Information to a Third Party
Personal information shall not be disclosed or provided to a third party without obtaining your prior consent, except in the following cases:
- Where we disclose your personal information to the third party based on laws and regulations;
- Where it is necessary for us to disclose your personal information to the third party in order to protect the life, body, or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- Where there is a special need for us to disclose your personal information to the third party in order to improve public health or promote healthy child development, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- Where it is necessary for us to disclose your personal information to the third party in order to cooperate with a national government organ, local government, or person entrusted thereby with performing the functions prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining your consent is likely to interfere with the performance of those functions;
- Where the third party is a university or other institution or organization for the purpose of academic research, or a person belonging to such an institution or organization, and it is necessary for the said third party to handle the personal data for academic research purposes;
- Where your prior consent is obtained.
Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
If you wish us to disclose, correct, add, or delete content from; discontinue use of; your personal information retained by us, please let us know. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time after confirming your identity.
Request for Disclosure and Correction
A request for disclosure and correction can be made as follows. Please a fill in the “Form for Disclosure, Correction, or Discontinue use of Personal Information” and send it to our Customer Service Office with one of following documents to confirm your identity and a letter of proxy (if applicable) enclosed. From the viewpoint of ensuring safety, it will only be mailed. Thank you for your understanding.
* Confirming Your Identity
In order to confirm your identity, please enclose a copy of one of the following IDs with the “Form for Disclosure, Correction, or Discontinue use of Personal Information”. If your current address differs from the address shown in your identification, please also provide a residence certificate showing your residential history.
- Driver’s license
- Alien registration certificate
- Health insurance card
- Pension handbook
- Residential basic book card with photo
- Residence certificate issued within last six months
- Other public certificate such as registered seal certificate (original or certified copy needed)
* If you are making a request on behalf of a principal, please also provide us with a letter of proxy in our format and a registered seal certificate for the seal used in the letter of proxy (original or certified copy needed) in addition to documents specified above.
* If you wish to request notification of the purpose of use or disclosure of registration information in writing, in addition to documents specified above, please also enclose with Japanese postal stamps worth 1,000yen. (For Japanese residents only. Please consult our Personal Information Consultation Office if you reside outside Japan). We will send our reply in a certified mail. And we will return your IDs.
Secure Management of Personal Information
We will take the necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the secure management of your personal information.
(Formulation of Basic Policy)
In order to ensure the proper handling of personal data, we have formulated a basic policy on «Compliance with relevant laws, and guidelines, etc.» and «Contact pint for handling questions and complaints».
• In order to ensure the proper handling of personal data, we have formulated basic policies for compliance with applicable laws and guidelines and handling questions and grievances.
(Development of Disciplines Pertaining to the Handling of Personal Data)
• We have established rules for handling personal data at each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion, disposal, etc., with regard to handling methods, persons in charge, persons in charge, and their duties
(Development of Rules Pertaining to the Handling of Personal Data)
• We have established internal rules for handling personal data at each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion and disposal with regard to handling rules, persons in charge, and their respective responsibilities.
(Organizational safety management measures)
• We have established a person in charge of handling personal data, clarified the employees who handle personal data and the scope of personal data handled by the employees, and developed a system to report to the person in charge when a fact or sign of violation of the law or handling rules is identified.
• We conduct regular self-inspections of the handling of personal data and audits by other departments and external parties.
(Organizational Safety Measures)
• We have appointed our Personal Information Management Officer, identified employees handling personal data, defined the scope of personal data handled by these employee, and developed system to report any violations or threats of violation of laws, regulations and our internal rules to the Personal Information Management Officer.
• We conduct periodic self-inspections of the handling of personal data and audits by other departments and external parties.
(Human Security Management Measures)
• We conduct regular training for our employees on matters of concern regarding the handling of personal data.
• We have written about the confidentiality of personal data in our work rules.
(Individual Management Measures)
• We provide periodic training on handling of personal data to our employees.
• We have set forth a provision on confidentiality of personal data in our rules of employment.
(Physical Safety Management Measures)
• In areas where personal data is handled, we have implemented measures to control the entry and exit of employees, restrict the equipment they bring in, and prevent unauthorized access to personal data.
• We take measures to prevent the theft or loss of personal data handling equipment, electronic media, and documents, etc. We also take measures to prevent personal data from being easily identified when carrying such equipment, electronic media, etc., including movement within the workplace.
(Measures on Facilities and Equipment)
• We have implemented measures to restrict unauthorized entry and exit of employees in and out of areas with access to personal information and control the personal effects that employees bring in to prevent unauthorized access to personal data.
• We have taken measures to prevent the theft or loss of equipment, electronic media and documents that handle personal data. We also have measures in place to protect personal data when such equipment is carried, including within the workplace.
(Technical safety Management measures)
• We have implemented access control to limit the scope of the person in charge and the personal information database to be handled.
• We have introduced a system to protect information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized external access or unauthorized software.
• We have installed access restriction system so that our employees’ access to personal information is controlled.
• We have system in place to protect our information systems that handle personal data from unauthorized access or malware.
(Understanding of External Environment)
• We implement security control measures after understanding the systems for protecting personal information in each country where personal data is stored.
• We have implemented our data protection measures based on the understanding of data protection legislation and regulation of the countries applicable to the personal information that we handle.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a mechanism which allows your computer to store the browsing history, data entry and other such information transmitted between your browser and the server when you visit a certain website.
Cookies enable us to customize our content according to your preferences by using the cookie data stored in your computer.
Settings of Cookies
You may disable or enable cookies through your browser settings. You can accept or decline cookies, or set your browser to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites. Settings may vary depending on your browser.
Please refer to the “Help” function in your browser for further information about settings of cookies.
Please note that there may be limitation to internet services requiring authentication and/or some other internet services if you select to decline all cookies in your browser.
Purpose of Cookies
- • To provide you with services customized according to your preference by referring to the stored information upon log-in to our authentication services;
- • To display the best suited advertisement in other corporations’ websites based on content of your interest and our user log;
- • To investigate the number of visitors to and the network traffic of our websites;
- • To improve our services;
- • To maintain network security by requiring visitors to re-enter (re-authenticate) their password after a certain period of time.
Cookies may be stored and referred to through a third party pursuant to the commission of advertisement distribution by our company to such third party.